How To Choose Replacement Windows For Your
SE Michigan & Metro Detroit Home
The 5-Step Process That Delivers The Best Window Results
We’ve found that homeowners are often excited about new replacement windows on their homes, BUT…
They’re typically not nearly as enthusiastic about THE PROCESS of getting those new windows.
We don’t think it should be that way.
It’s the job of the replacement window company to make your experience pleasant; you should be able to both enjoy the process AND love your results.
5 Simple Steps To The Best Window Replacement Experience In Southeast Michigan
The first step sounds obvious and easy… right?
Well, yes and no. The problem for homeowners is figuring out which contractors they can TRULY trust.
After all, no window company is going to ever say, “hey, we do the job right SOME of the time” OR “not in business very long – not sure what we’re doing yet” OR “hey, we charge prices that are crazy high.”
Nope, every window company says they have “great service” and “superior products.”
So… if they all say the same thing… how can you tell one from another?
Luckily, there IS a way for homeowners to tell who they can trust. Look for independent FACTS that show what a replacement window company is really like. Here are the facts about Performance Remodeling:
- A+ Rated with the Better Business Bureau
- Over a decade in the business as a financially stable business, with proper licensing and insurance
- Hundreds of online reviews from our customers, the overwhelming majority of which are 5-stars (including 200+ Google Reviews!)
- We’re a company that has grown steadily because of happy repeat customers and tons of enthusiastic referrals
- A true Lifetime Guarantee that is far superior compared to the typical ‘Lifetime Warranty’
- We promise NO SUPRISES on your final invoice – you can trust our quotes to be 100% accurate
These days, window frames typically come in one of 3 materials: fiberglass, vinyl, and aluminum clad wood. Wood windows are pretty much a non-factor now as today’s homeowner does not want to do all the maintenance required. That leaves vinyl and fiberglass.
Our experience has shown us that fiberglass replacement windows are the superior long-term value. But we also carry aluminum clad and vinyl windows because sometimes those are better options for a particular situation. When you call on us for a free consultation, we can give you the pros and cons of each, and then let YOU decide.
For more information, please visit our Fiberglass Vs. Vinyl page.
A good window consultation will include information about glass packages, color choices, security features, hardware options, and more.
Our thorough consultation and quote process will allow you to understand and choose the options you want.
We recommend choosing a proven window company with a long track record of success. Here’s what you want to AVOID:
- “Companies” that are pretty much just one guy and his truck. The problem here is that these guys often grab whatever temporary labor they can to finish a job. Also, many times these small contractors don’t have adequate licensing or insurance.
- You want to avoid the opposite problem, too: huge companies that suffer constant turnover.
- Companies that don’t background check their installers and are willing to exploit undocumented workers instead of doing things legally and safely.
We’re different. All our installers are trained and qualified as window installation experts. We are fully licensed and insured and all our workers are hired legally for their own protection and yours.
Another big difference with us is that the person that comes to measure your windows will also be the person that comes back to install them. This allows them to understand the particular details of your project and scope out what they will need to get the job done right. This is also an opportunity to meet your installer before installation day.
For more on why this makes a big difference in your replacement window experience, visit our Window Installation page.
Here’s the last thing you want to happen with your replacement windows: Be really happy on day one… only to have a problem down the line and then find out you don’t have sufficient warranty protection.
This is why it’s crucial to have a Lifetime Guarantee – not just a warranty. Most replacement window warranties are called ‘LIMITED Lifetime Warranties’ for a reason: there’s so many loopholes, exclusions, and pro-rated coverages that you often don’t have protection when you need it.
Our Lifetime Guarantee is complete: it covers the entire window and our workmanship for as long as you’re in your home (and you can transfer it one time to a new owner, too).
For more details, please visit our Window Guarantee page.
That’s the easy 5-step process to getting great window results you’ll love. Getting beautiful new replacement windows on your home does NOT need to be an exercise in frustration!
Ready for a window replacement quote in Southeast Michigan? Reach out to us.